Thursday, September 9, 2010

another new hobby

I decided recently that I wanted to learn to crochet. I bought a few supplies and followed these online tutorials. Now I have a slowly growing pile of colourful granny squares, the beginnings of a blanket. I'm using some soft cotton yarn – Peaches & Creme and Sugar'n Cream (check out the groovy retro labels) – purchased for only around $2 a ball from Walmart and Hobby Lobby. The weather's still pretty hot here, so I've been happy to stay in and watch episodes of Futurama or 30 Rock on Netflix, while I crochet my squares and drink cups of tea.

3 comments:

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

these are perfect. I think you should just leave them as they are, perfect little colorful squares.

ernieeee said...

lol kimmi.. getting old...

they look beautiful though... love the colour combo!

Kim said...

thanks for the nice comments :)