Wednesday, May 26, 2010

busy sewing

Been doing a bit of sewing lately. Here are some pics of things I've made:

A fun bunting and bibs. Made for our month-old niece with lotsa love, and miles of (handmade) bias tape. The pattern for the bibs is from my Martha Stewart book

An embroidered handkerchief – I guess, but I hope no-one blows their nose into it... The pattern is from Clover

And my very first top! It was a little tricky at times, but good to learn and get experience making a garment – sewing darts and sleeves, and using interfacing.
I even customised the pattern a bit, shortening the length and using sleeves from
a different pattern. The fit is pretty loose, but overall I'm happy with it, and definitely looking forward to more sewing projects :)

1 comment:

teddybearswednesday said...

Hey Kim, I think all the things you made are gorgeous. I'm super impressed with that top, I can't believe it's your first. Love the fabric and style.