Tuesday, February 9, 2010

who dat!

Last night the New Orleans Saints beat the Indianapolis Colts to win the Super Bowl! We watched the game at a friend's house, with a few other friends from Jon's work. The Saints didn't get off to a great start, but the game got pretty exciting in the second half, with the Saints coming from behind (10-6), to win 31-17.

I must say, I'm not really into sports. I don't know American football very well either, having never seen a game until college football started last September. Football is huge here though, and for the Saints to win – it's a pretty big deal.
So, I'm excited to be here for their win, and excited for New Orleans and all the Saints supporters. It's also Mardi Gras season here, so I'm pretty sure New Orleans will be partying like crazy! Speaking of which, these are some fun photos I found of people celebrating the Saints' win in the French Quarter:

(All photos are from the Times-Picayune – NOLA.com)

If you are interested, you can read more about the game on the NFL website.
Go Saints!

No comments: